Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Please, don't quote me.....

Happy Tuesday to everyone! As I said, I would love to hear from any and all of you if you may have some suggestions. Today I talked to my best friend who recently lost 20 lbs following a "modified zone diet" and a moderate exercise plan. She has reccommended my site to her friends, who have shown interest in the zone diet and the implementation of physical fitness, but they have no idea where to get started.

Now let me just start by saying that I am no Barry Sears, but I have been following the zone for some time. Here is a link for you to follow if you would like some basic tips on the zone, in a nutshell:

Zone Tips

However, you may want to start with something a little more reasonable. Here is a simplistic way of starting out on your road to "zone eating"...

1. Eat fresh fruits and veggies
2. Eat lean meats
3. Do not eat grains (even if they say that they are WHOLE WHEAT)
4. Eat healthy fats: nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado (in moderation)
5. Do not eat sugar
6. Drink plenty of water
7. Make sure that you have a protein, a carb and a fat at every meal (see the zone website link if you want to get really technical)

Also, feel free to email me with any questions that you may have. As I have mentioned before, I am not a doctor, I am not a nutritionist and I am not the most knowledgeable person out there about diet/nutrition, but I am willing to learn as much as possible, and if I cannot give you an answer, I will surely try to help you find it.

Good luck on your journey in what ever it is that you may be doing, and give yourself a pat on the back for taking a step in the right direction towards an active and healthy lifestyle!

2 comments:

  1. By the way, the guidelines that I posted are not necessarily "zone", they are just the guidelines that I follow for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, It's really great that you are reaching out to people. your blog is very easy to read and entertaining. As you know, it just takes that "first step" for people to start changing their lives. You've hit the reality on the head by saying what works for you. People need to realize that eating is not a cut and dry thing. Different things work for different people. you use sound advice in your simple zone list. People can not go wrong eating this way. I am proof (as you are too), that a beautiful, clean diet gives rise to happiness and health and let's not forget, kick @ss muscles! Way to go girl. You're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete