Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Breakfast On-The-Go!


More often than not, if someone is going to skip a meal, it is going to be breakfast! We've all been guilty of it, rushing out the door late for work/school/life in general. But you know the saying, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So eat up. These little muffins are so simple to make, you'll be glad you did. If you have 20 minutes to spare, you can easily wisk these suckers together. (Pun intended, ha ha).

Here is what you'll need:
Eggs- depending on your muffin tin, I have a 12-hole muffin tin, so I used 11 eggs
Veggies- what ever you like! I used bell peppers, onion and asparagus
Salt & Pepper to your liking
Anything else- Cheese (for the non-paleo eaters) and I used Canadian Bacon, which was yum!

Heat the oven to 350. Wisk the eggs together in a bowl, then add the other ingredients and mix well. Place cupcake liners in your muffin tin and fill each liner about 3/4 full. Place the tin in the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on your muffins near the end of the cook time, all oven temperatures do vary.

There ya go. Now you have no excuses for not eating breakfast. Tomorrow when you're rushing around the house getting ready to leave, grab a couple of these and re-heat them, or eat them cold with some fruit and nuts and you're golden!
* Each Muffin = 1 block of Protein

6 comments:

  1. I am SO making these tonight. Perfect timing because I was so busy I skipped breakfast this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Stace! Excited to try these. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I make ones similar to these and I LOVE them! I haven't made them in a while - I think that'll be on the menu tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so great Stace! I am so excited that you are doing this ! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a perfect breakfast!!!! pk will love these, i'm doing them.

    ReplyDelete