Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Broccoli Beef


This was sure yummy. It is one of my semi-paleo faves that I have tried. I say semi-paleo because I used soy sauce. To make this more paleo, you may substitute wheat free tamari for the soy sauce, but I did not have any at the time.

Here is what you'll need:

1 lb beef (I used the cubed stew meat from TJ's- but it was kinda tough, flank steak would have probably worked better)
1 head broccoli
2 TBSP Soy sauce
2-3 Tea Sesame Oil
1.5 Tea minced fresh ginger
5 Garlic cloves, chopped
6 green onions, cut in to 1" pieces

In a bag, mix the garlic, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce and then add the beef. This time, I only let the meat marinate for about 3 hours, but next time I might let it marinate overnight. In a large saute pan, I added a small amount of the marinade plus about 1/4 c water and started to saute/steam the veggies. When the veggies were about done, I added the meat & marinade mixture and cooked until done (about 3-5 minutes). This dish would be great to serve with my Fake Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment