Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet Jalapeno Chicken

This was pretty good. I wish it had tasted a little more spicy, but the marinade was yummy.

Here is what you'll need:

4 jalapenos
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp fresh parsley (optional, I just had it so I wanted to use it)
1/2 T pepper
1 T red pepper flakes
1/2 c water
2 tbsp organic honey
1/4 T chili powder
3-4 chicken breasts.

Put the jalapeno, garlic and spices in the food processor and blend until everything is very finely chopped. Add water and process a little more. My honey was hardened, so I microwaved it for 15 seconds to make it a liquid. When the honey is a liquid, add it to the processor and blend everything.

Once everything is blended together nicely, place the chicken breasts in a ziplock and pour the marinade in. Place the bag in your fridge for 4-6 hours. When you are ready to eat, strike up the grill on medium heat and cook the chicken for about 10-12 minutes on each side.

*** NEXT TIME: I would like to save a little of the marinade to baste the chicken with while it is grilling, or maybe even to top the chicken with when it is plated. Hope you like it!


Sweet Jalapeno Chicken pictured with grilled bell peppers... so good!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey,

    Love the blog! I'm relatively new to the paleo/zone lifestyle. I was wondering if you'd post a typical day of eating?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete