Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paleo Steak Fries



As close to the real thing as it gets!

This was just a random, and delicious idea. And yes, I used "white" sweet potatoes, which may be against some people's view of what Paleo is, but in our house, we are down with them!

Here is what you'll need:

Sweet Potatoes (the white/beige ones)
Bacon Grease

I was baking my bacon in the oven prior to this (at 375 degrees), so I already had two cookie sheets lined with tin foil and small pools of bacon grease left over after removing the bacon. I left the oven on and peeled the skin off the potatoes, then I sliced the potaotes in halves, and then sliced them again into about 1/2" thick pieces. I laid the potatoes on the sheet and cooked them about 20 minutes, then I flipped them over and let them cook about 10 more minutes.

They were magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment