Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Chili




Such a great warm treat for cold weather!

Here is what you'll need:

1-2 lbs. Ground beef or turkey
1 onion, diced
1-2 bell peppers, diced (any color)
14oz can of canned pumpkin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cumin
1 jar salsa, or 1 14 oz can of tomatoes
1 box of Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Start by browning the meat in a large pot, as the meat starts to cook, add in all the veggies and saute for about 5 more minutes. Next, add all the spices, the canned pumpkin and tomatoes/salsa, and soup. Turn the burner to a low/medium and let simmer for an hour to and hour and a half, stirring every 20ish minutes.

This recipe is so easy. I love to make it because I can clean, play with Ellie, watch TV and it cooks on it's own.

*** Also, I have added different veggies to this recipe when I needed to either get rid of them, or I was out of the bell peppers. I have used zuchinni, sweet potatoes and carrots just to make the chili chunkier, it's all tasty, just toss it in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment