Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paleo Egg Muffins




I have been trying out new breakfast grab and go ideas since I will be heading back to work on Monday. Sad!

Here is what you'll need:

1 tube pork breakfast sausage
1 dozen eggs
Veggies of your choice (I used some leftover broccoli)
Ghee, Bacon Fat or Cooking Spray

Preheat your oven to 350. Crumble and brown the sausage in a pan. Grease or spray a muffin tin with your fat of choice. I used Coconut Oil and I don't think it was very useful, cause a lot of the muffins stuck to the pan. I think Cooking Spray would work best. Next scramble your eggs and mix in whatever veggies you like. I would probably pre-cook most veggies, that's just my preference though. Distribute the sausage evenly at the bottom of each muffin circle of the tin, then pour your egg and veggie mixture over so that it's almost to the top of the pan. Cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.

Paul ate 9 of the 12 muffins in about 5 minutes. I guess he liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment