Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Paleo Jambalaya


So, I have been trying to create more budget-friendly paleo meals lately, and let me just say I have not been too successful, but this one was pretty good.

So... here it is, and let me warn you, it's spicy. If you don't like it hot, leave out the Cayenne Pepper!

And, I will be honest, all of my measurements are guesstimates. What I do is spinkle the spices over the whole pan, so I would say it comes out to an equivalent of about 1&1/2 Teaspoons, unless otherwise stated.

Here is what you'll need:

2 TBSP Garlic, chopped
1/2 C Marinara Sauce/Spaghetti Sauce etc
1.5 Teasp Parsely
1.5 Teasp Thyme
1.5 Teasp Oregano
1.5 Teasp Pepper
1.5 Smoked (or regular) Paprika
Sprinkle Salt
3 Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 package Hot Italian Sausage
Olive Oil
Ghee (optional, but delicious!)

Heat the Olive oil and Ghee in a pan. I used about 2 TBSP of each, if you dont have one or the other, you can sub with any fat of your choice. Toss in the bell peppers and onions, and sautee in the oil/ghee mixture for about 3 minutes. Next, add all of the spices (excluding the marinara) and simmer over medium heat with a lid on the pan. After about 3-5 minutes, stir the onions and peppers, then stir in the sausage and the marinanra sauce. Continue to simmer and stir every 3-5 minutes for about 15 more minutes. Turn off the stove and let sit for about 5 minutes, then enjoy.

**Next time I think I will serve this over Cauliflower Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment