Friday, August 3, 2012

Paleo-ish Coconut Cookies


Alright so I made these two ways because I was not sure which method would taste better. I made one batter only, however, one batch was cooked and one batch was frozen. As you will see in the ingredients, there is nothing that HAS to be cooked to be consumed, so not to worry.



Here is what you'll need:
1 TBSP Vanilla
1 & 1/2 C Shredded Coconut
1/2 C Coconut Flour
1/2 C Coconut Butter
1/4 C Coconut Oil

then

1/2 C Chocolate Chips (I use EnjoyLife brand, it's Dairy free)
1 TBSP Coconut Oil


Start by combining the first list of ingredients in a bowl. You may have to heat up the coconut oil and butter a little bit to soften it up for mixing. Next, roll the dough up into little balls and place them on a cookie sheet or plate (depending on your method of cooking/freezing). If you choose to cook them, they go in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. If you don't want to cook them, then freeze them! Either way, step two is the same. Take the second list of ingredients and microwave them while stirring occasionally. Make sure not to burn the chocolate/coconut oil mixture. Once the mixture is melted, pour a little over each ball and then place them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.

After making these, I let my family sample them and I made them vote on which were better, frozen or cooked, and we all voted for the cooked batch! Do what you want, but I really think the cooked batch tasted better. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment