Monday, June 13, 2011

Spicy Chipotle Chili


Alright, alright. Just so you know, this picture does not do this Chili any justice at all. I've recently decided that it's a whole lot easier to just upload pictures of what I'm making from my phone, so you're not gonna be seeing high quality photos, but believe me, I'm only posting recipes that actually taste good. There have been a few that I've tried that haven't made it to the blog, so just trust me, if there is a recipe on here, it has been tried and true, and also Paul-approved!

Here is what you'll need:

1lb ground meat (I used bison this time, yum)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bell pepper (color of your choice)
1 c chopped carrots
1 box of Tomato/Roasted Bell Pepper Soup (Or any tomato based soup will do)
1 16oz jar of salsa ( I used Chipotle salsa from TJ's)
1 tea Chipotle Pepper
1/2 tea Smoked Paprika
1/2 tea Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large pot, start by sauteing the meat and garlic together. When the meat is about 3/4ths of the way cooked, add in all the veggies. Saute this mixture for about 7-10 minutes. Next, add in all the other ingredients and stir the pot well. Let this marvelous concoction simmer for 1 hour and then enjoy.

PS. This Chili is HOT! You can reduce the spices if you don't want it to be too hot, or you can do what I did and reduce the hotness by adding a little coconut milk to cool it down, yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment