Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not your average dog...



So, we love a good old Chili Dog, but as you know, a chili dog is not very Paleo. Well, I found some great all-beef organic hot dogs (Nathan's brand) at Trader Joe's. I used Primal Mama's pumpkin chili for my chili and what do I use for a bun? This is the fun part... I use a baked sweet potato, halved and hallowed out! Yes, eat the skin. It tastes delicious, the sweetness of the potato and the savory hot dog and chili, just amazing!

Of course, add what you like to the top, onions, cheese (if you eat dairy), jalapenos! Yum Yum!

2 comments:

  1. This is genius! I plan to try it this week--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primal Mama's pumpkin chili is my all time favorite recipe. I make huge pots of it and freeze it during the fall/winter!

    ReplyDelete