Monday, May 3, 2010

Hawaiian Mahi Mahi



This was a pleasant surprise. I have been wanting to make a breading for meat with my almond meal, and I have not been very successful. Finally, with this recipe, I was! It was pretty good.

Here is what you'll need:
2 eggs beaten
1/3 c almond meal
1/3 c unsweetened coconut shavings (I told you I'm obsessed)
pepper
mahi filets (I got mine from Trader Joe's)

Heat your oven to 350. Rinse the fish and dry each filet with a paper towel. This is important so that the egg will stick to the fish, and the breading will stick to the egg. In a bowl, wisk the eggs and in another bowl, mix up the almond meal and coconut shavings. After all of the fish is dry, dip each piece into the egg several times so that the fish is covered. Then dip the fish in the almond meal/coconut mixture so that it is completely covered. Your fingers will get very messy, so just beware. Place the breaded filets on a greased cooking sheet or cake pan and sprinkle with pepper. Cook the fish for 10-13 minutes. Serve with your favorite veggie and enjoy.

Next time I might try adding coconut milk to the egg mixture. I'm loving all things coconut right now, so I hope you do too, because my blog is going to have coconut all over it. Have a great week! Regionals in 5 days whoot whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment