Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chicken Pizza Bake

So I was low on groceries and ideas, I just kinda threw this together and it happened to be amazing! When I took a bite and closed my eyes, it kinda, sorta tasted like PIZZA!

Here is what you'll need:

2 chicken breast
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup sun dried tomato
3/4 cup organic marinara ( got it from TJ's)
Parsley flakes
Basil seasoning
Pepper
Olive oil

First, I preheated the oven to 375... then...

I glazed the 8x8 baking dish with some pam, then added the chicken. I sprinkled a lot of parsley, pepper and basil on the chicken, then I added all of the other ingredients to the pan, except for the marinara sauce, and added more parsley, basil and pepper. Then I coated everything with a drizzle of olive oil, here is what it looked like at this stage:



Before putting it into the oven I added the marinara sauce to the pan, mainly just on the chicken breasts, with a little on the veggies in the middle and on the sides of the chicken. I cooked the masterpiece for 25 minutes, served it with some broccoli and it was delish... I am going to be making this again soon!





Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment