Sunday, October 18, 2015

Creamy Potato Soup


It's Fall Ya'll!

Well, I am trying to get back into posting recipes for everyone to enjoy. I have been super busy with life so I haven't been able to try new recipes or post them either. I am going to try to create a new recipe at least once a week, and hopefully it'll be good enough to post. Also, we have not necessarily been following Paleo too strictly, so be aware that my recipes may not always be Paleo, but I will keep them clean, kinda ;) So, here it goes...


I just love soup. If I could eat it every day, I would.

Here is what you'll need:

8-10 large russet potatoes, peeled
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
2 shallots, sliced
2 TBSP crushed garlic
4 c Chicken Stock
1/2 to 1 c Heavy Cream
1/2 to 1 c milk (optional- you can sub more chicken stock, I just didn't have any more)
1 stick butter
Salt and Pepper- I used a LOT.

Optional Toppings: Cheese, green onions, bacon

Place the potatoes in a huge pot, cover with water and boil. While those are boiling, chop all the veggies and set aside. Once the potatoes are very soft, drain them, remove them from the pot and set aside. Add the butter and the veggies to the pot along with the garlic and salt and pepper and cook them down until they are translucent. Once the veggies appear soft, add in all the other ingredients, including the potatoes. Simmer while stirring occasionally over medium heat for about 20-30 more minutes. Lastly, use an immersion blender to puree everything down. If you don't have one, you could add it to a regular blender and blend it if you like. You can also skip the blending step altogether if you like a chunkier consistency. I added the milk at the last minute because my soup was very thick, and I wanted to thin it out a bit. Top the soup with cheese, bacon, onions or whatever you like and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment