Thursday, May 19, 2011

Paleo-ish Banana Nut Muffins


Hello everyone!

So, it has been a very long time since I have last posted. For those of you that don't know, I just had my first baby one month ago today. I have been a tad busy, and creating new Paleo recipes has not really been at the top of my list of things to do. Now, as I am getting the hang of being a mommy to a beautiful baby girl, I am ready to start back on the eating-right train, trying to get out of the bad habits that I got into while I was pregnant and hungry all the time. One bad habit that I am having a really hard time breaking is this darn sweet tooth that I developed during pregnancy. I have been trying different things like organic dark chocolate and coconut ice cream, but I was feeling the need to bake, so thats where these came from.

Here's what you'll need:

1/3 c coconut flour
1/3 c coconut oil
6 eggs
1/3 c walnuts
3 bananas
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tea baking soda
1/3 c raw honey or agave*
Optional: dark chocolate chips

*Agave is not really considered Paleo, but use what you've got, I'm sure it's better than using granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cupcake pan. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, (flour, baking soda, nuts) and the wet ingredients in another bowl (coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, agave or honey). In another bowl, mash up the bananas until they are all pretty soft and mushy. Next, wisk the wet ingredients in with the bananas, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Stir it all up good, and it will appear lumpy, but don't be alarmed, it's just the bananas. At this point, if you're feeling risky, add in 1/2-1 cup of those dark chocolate chips :) Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin to about 3/4 full and bake for 18-22 minutes, checking as you go. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness those look delicious!!!I read a blog the other night where this guy took overly ripe bananas, cute them into slices and froze them for at least an hour or two then put them in a blender and made ice cream with them. You can add some sugar to it too if you want. I love bananas!!
    Glad to have you back Stacey! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete