Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eggplant Mini Pizzas

So, I always buy the same veggies every week: sweet potatoes, zucchini, onion, broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers sometimes spinach and sometimes celery and cucumbers. I want to venture out more! I've tried Egglplant before and I didn't really like it, neither did Paul, but I decided to just go ahead and buy one the other day, and figure out something to do with it. So, here is what I made!

Here they are before being baked:

And after:

Now, as you can see, these are not Paleo. There is organic Mozzarella Cheese on them, which you can omit, if you are following the Paleo diet.

Here is what you'll need:
1 medium sized eggplant, sliced into 1/2" pieces
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
Can of diced tomatoes
Organic Mozzarella Cheese (from TJ's)
Meat of your choice (I used Pepperoni)
Basil

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Brush the Eggplant slices with Olive oil, then sprinkle each one with just a bit of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 8 minutes and then remove from oven. Next, I topped mine with pepperonis, then the tomatoes, then the cheese,then the shredded basil. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and enjoy!

You can easily make this a Paleo delight by omitting the cheese and adding more veggies. You could also use sausage crumbles or ground beef as your meat, instead of pepperonis.

No comments:

Post a Comment