Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yum Yum Shish-ke-bobs



Spice up your life! Since going Semi-paleo, I have learned to work with spices. A LOT of spices. Sometimes when I'm feeling a little martha-y I will go to the spice aisle and just buy a couple, even though I don't know what they are. Some have been good, some, not so good, but I'm sure I will find a way to work with them some day. In this recipe, I used some pretty basic spices, however, I have never really put any seasoning on my shish-ke-bobs, I just put a skewer through them and threw them on the grill. This time, "marinating" them was phenomenal!

Here is what you'll need:
2 Chicken breast- cubed
2 Bell Peppers (color of your choice)
2 onions, cut in "sixths"
2 c pineapple, fresh is better, but canned works
2 Zucchinis sliced in 1" slices

Whatever other veggies you like- mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, you name it!

For the seasoning:
Olive oil- I would say I used maybe 3 TBSP, maybe more
Granulated Garlic- about 1 TBSP
Pepper- 1 TBSP
Dried Parsley- 1/2 Tea
Chili Powder- 1/2 Tea

Put all of the veggies into a large bowl. (Not the chicken) Drizzle the olive oil and all the spices into the bowl. stir the veggies so that they all have a nice covering of spices.

Strangely, I did not season the chicken, but it came out just as tasty. Before placing the chicken and veggies on the skewers, I sprayed them with pam so that the food was easy to remove after being cooked. Once all the skewers were loaded up, I grilled them over medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning them every 5-7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment